I’ve sold over 8,000 life insurance policies in the last 3.5 years—one on one, face to face. These were not group policies administered through payroll. These were not online transactions. This was 200+ nights per year in a hotel, 16+ hour days. This was not easy, but it was necessary – for me to do something that had never been done before, in order to show our agents and show the world what’s possible. In January of 2017 I posted my first piece of content on social media. In the last 12 months, my weekly social media reach has been as high as 49 million. I am the host of two podcasts, a daily and weekly vlog, all while leading two multi-million-dollar insurance agencies. In this highlight reel, filtered, world we now live in on social media, this is where the story usually ends. It is for that very reason that I began documenting my life on social media. To show you the REAL story of what it takes to be successful- the good, bad, and ugly.
- In 2014, I was at rock bottom. After a failed marriage and failed business, I found myself in a dark place.
- I was broke.
- I was in debt.
- I was out of shape.
- I was depressed.
- Worst of all, I was playing the victim.
I was ruled by a fear of going all in, of giving 100% of myself because I didn’t want it taken away from me again. So, what changed? EVERYTHING. I began a process that I like to call “waging war on personal change.” I didn’t just “start growing” or “get into self-development.” I took ownership and started attacking life. I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be in life, and that good or bad, it was all my fault. Some mentors came into my life at this time and helped breathe life back into me. They gave me an opportunity to join their agency and start selling life insurance. I put my head down and went to work.
- Over the next 12 months, earned over $300k in commissions.
- The next 12 months, over $450k.
- The next 12 months, over $650k.
- In 2018 I became an owner of two multi-million dollar life insurance agencies with agents across the country
I experienced a ton of successes over those three years, but I knew I had made one big mistake- not documenting this transformation on social media. So, in January of 2017, I began documenting my life. I realized something invaluable: success is simple, but not easy. We all know what we need to do and how to do it. Most of the noise on social media wants to tell you success can be easy…if you follow their system, buy their eBook, join their mastermind, or find a way to pay them money for the “secret.” No one was telling the truth. No one was showing what it really takes to be successful. You can drown in three inches of water, and that’s where 99% of social media lives. Instead, I dove deep and got transparent and vulnerable.
- Posted to Facebook 3,136 times over the next year and a half.
- Created 1,125 videos.
- Created a motivational channel called Motivation Kings that quickly grew to 1 million likes on Facebook.
- Rebranded our insurance agency and quickly grew it to over 300k likes on Facebook.
- Started the Sales Wolves Podcast as a way to show support and appreciation for salespeople.
- Started the Breadwinner podcast, interviewing some of the world’s most successful and innovative entrepreneurs.
- Created The Daily Bread VLOG, which aired 5 days a week with a 24 hr turn around.
- Created My Living Legacy, a weekly VLOG documenting the launch of my newest agency.
- Hired a videographer to travel with me 24/7, document my life, and share it with the world.
My goal is to share my story and the stories of others along the way. Everyone gets to choose the legacy they leave behind. How do you want to be remembered?